Sunday, June 15, 2008

Collector's Edition Pre-Order Problems and Fixes

I hear a lot of people are having some problems entering their Pre-Order codes for Open Beta, so I decided to share my somewhat troublesome experiences and how I fixed them! First off, I ordered my CE from Amazon, so this may be specific to them only. I ordered the CE no problem, and went looking for my codes. I didn't get anything in my e-mail, so I went looking around the website for my codes.

They were locked away in the "Downloads" section... why they were there, I may never know. But I found them. One was for Open Beta, One for the head start, and One for the in game Items. Much to my dismay I saw the Open Beat code was set to expire on the 10th of June. This happened to be about 4-5 minutes away from when I ordered. So I was like, "Crap, better get this in."

I copied and pasted my code. Invalid. I was like, wtf is going on. Eventually I realized the code was being cut off on the edge of the screen. I had to open the same page in Internet Explorer (I use Firefox), and once I did that I was able to get all the letter/numbers.

I was relieved. At least I got my beta code in. So I tried the other two. Those were giving me invalid code as well. I was perplexed to say the least, but I ultimately figured out I couldn't input those codes until I got my actual Warhammer Online Account Information.

As it turns out, the dates were bogus anyway. Whew!

Hope this helps,
Stormcrow

No comments: