Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Waiting on Warhammer

I'm sure a lot of you are starting to feel it as well. Yeah I'm talking about the ever agonizing wait for the release of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, or at least a beta invite! If you're like me, you're scrounging for another game to play, to pass the time between now and some indeterminate date in Q3/4 2008.

What I've been playing:

World of Warcraft: Yeah I tricked you, I haven't been playing WoW. My roommates and I canceled our accounts after the last Arena Tournament. Strong start, disappointing finish. We didn't make it, barely (relative term, lol). In the end though it wasn't luck, we got outplayed by some pretty amazing teams. Well played! R.I.P: Sweet Pair of Crits, you gave it your all!

Age of Conan: Short version. Bought game. Liked first 20 levels. Didn't see much beyond that worth playing. Check back in a few months if WAR isn't released yet.

After bailing on AoC I've found myself returning to some PC classics, as well as embracing my Console side:

1. Defense of the Ancients (DoTA): I love this, now incredibly popular, custom map for WC III. I'm addicted, I swear. I'll do a little article later this week on DoTA: What is it? Why is this game so good? and Why MMO's should take a couple pages out of the DoTA play book.

2. Knights of the Old Republic I & II: Gotta love the story of the original, gotta love the game play of the second one. Jedi, Lightsabers, and Force Powers... can you go wrong?

3. Call of Duty 4: Indulging my inner "twitch gamer" with, what I consider, the next generation of FPS. COD4 is quite a blast. Hone dem skillz!

4. Halo II & III: I never embraced Halo III, but I've been playing it a little recently and I'm starting to enjoy it more, but I'll always miss pistol snipes from Halo I, and I'll miss the smack down I laid on people from Halo II.

5. Super Smash Bros. Melee: SSBM is amazing, best fighting game I've ever played hands down. Yes, I play Marth and Shiek. Yes I wavedash, L-cancel, and chain grab, and yes, I think Brawl is Melee for Dummies. Sorry, just my opinion. Don't take offense, but really, why do you play Brawl when you can play Melee? =)

So, what have you been playing?

Stormcrow

No comments: